The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) is responsible for protecting MedUni Vienna’s intellectual property and commercialising research findings. The Office registers employee inventions, manages patents and licensing, and acts as an interface between scientists at MedUni Vienna and business.
The University is committed to disseminating research findings as effectively as possible, in the interests of society and of medical progress. MedUni Vienna also actively promotes patenting and the commercial use of research discoveries in order to generate additional revenue for research.
The TTO of MedUni Vienna also advises and supports its researchers in setting up their own start-up. Long-term, intensive cooperation between the university and the newly founded companies is desired and often contributes to the success of the implementation, especially of very R&D-intensive technologies.
Some examples of successful start-ups with a connection to MedUni Vienna are listed here:
- SIMCharacters GmbH
- Cyxone AB
- Zytoprotec GmbH
- Miracor Medical Systems GmbH
- Szelestim GmbH
- EMCOOLS - Medical Cooling Systems GmbH
- Medexter Healthcare
- 123 Sonography GmbH
- OncoLab Diagnostics GmbH
- Edera Safety GmbH & Co KG https://t3-web.meduniwien.ac.at/https://t3-web.meduniwien.ac.at/
- contextflow GmbH
- Transgenion (International Institute for Regenerative and Translational Medicine GmbH)
- Diagnosia Internetservices GmbH
- Critical Core Technologies GmbH
- Alsix GmbH
- G. ST Antivirals GmbH
- Intuescope RED GmbH
- Ovartec GmbH
- P4 Therapeutics