Within the framework of ERASMUS+, incomings may complete a share of their training at the Medical University of Vienna.
The ERASMUS+ programme opens up access to MedUni Vienna for international students. Certain requirements must be fulfilled and applications submitted according to the requirements.
Student Mobility Traineeships - SMT
The requirements for a 2 to 12-month stay are:
- You are a university student studying at a university in the EU/EEA area (Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein), Turkey or Macedonia.
- mutual recognition at the home university.
|closing date for applications 4 weeks before starting but latest:|
for the summer term (= March - September) of the same year
for the winter term (= October - February) of the same year
|No admission possible between May and Mid of August as well as between December and Mid of January!|
The following points shall be considered for the application:
- The International Office for Student & Staff Affairs of MedUni Vienna is unable to organise placements for training mobility.
- The LEARNING AGREEMENT FOR TRAINEESHIPS with the detailed programme, knowledge, skills and competence of the traneeship, the Mentor at the clinic/department as well as Monitoring- und Evaluation plan shall be sent, along with our , directly to the relevant departments deciding themselves according to their capacity.
- The approval by the department shall be made on the firstname.lastname@example.org): here the Learning agreement will be signed by the contact person und Supervisor at the receiving institution. , which is then submitted, along with the Learning Agreement for Traineeships, to the International Office for Student & Staff Affairs (
- Mentor = tutor at the clinic/department
- Contact Person und Supervisor at the Receiving Institution = ERASMUS Coordinator
- Trainees are enrolled as ERASMUS Trainees for the period of their stay at the university within ERASMUS training mobility.
- Applications for MedUni Vienna are ONLINE applications without exception.
- Candidates are given the access code for this compulsory ONLINE registration from the International Office for Student & Staff Affairs of MedUni Vienna following presentation of the , confirmed by the Clinic/Department at which ERASMUS training is spent.
- After the completion of the part of the Clinical Practial Year the here mentioned CERTIFICATION OF PRACTICAL TRAINING AT A HOSPITAL issued by the MedUni Vienna will be signed without any exception!
- The starting dates are identical at all medical universities and teaching hospitals in Austria and must be adhered to without exception. The duration of the tertiary period cannot be shortened, both the starting date and the end date are prescribed and are stated on the certificate sheet. The permitted absent days cannot be used to shorten the KPJ tertiary.