Your advantage as a free mover in the sense of self-organised stays: You are free to choose a clinical department for a clinical traineeship within the the clinical practical year based on your personal wishes.
The following points should be noted for applications for the clinical practice year as free mover:
- You are usually left to your own initiative outside the scope of ERASMUS and COOPERATION agreements.
- The International Office is unable to facilitate placements for traineeships:
Applications shall be made directly to the relevant Clinics/Departments, which take decisions based on their capacity.
- No enrolment is carried out at MedUni Vienna. Enrolment is only possible within ERASMUS practical training placements.
- After the completion of the part of the Clinical Practial Year the here mentioned CERTIFICATION OF PRACTICAL TRAINING AT A HOSPITAL issued by the MedUni Vienna will be signed without any exception!
- The starting dates are identical at all medical universities and teaching hospitals in Austria and must be adhered to without exception. The duration of the period cannot be shortened, both the starting date and the end date are prescribed and are stated on the certificate sheet. The permitted absent days cannot be used to shorten the tertianship period.
- The starting dates are identical at all medical universities and teaching hospitals in Austria. The duration of the tertiary period cannot be shortened. The permitted absent days cannot be used to shorten the KPJ tertiary.
Make use of your opportunities and apply to Teaching Hospitals of MedUni Vienna.